What is involved in a Tune Up?
- Check and remove viruses
- Remove spyware, unused programs, viruses and temporary files.
- Re-organize files on the operating system.
- Repair or Replace defective files.
In the event that the above four steps does not work, the next step is to wipe the hard drive clean and replace everything.
Before the hard drive is wiped clean, the tech should:
- Save your personal files, email files (archives, profiles, etc) off of your hard drive onto an external device (external hard drive, burn to a CD ROM, etc).
- We also offer Remote Data Back Up to the internet. The cost depends on your needs!
- Verify that you have all of your software discs before wiping the drive clean.
Note: Make sure you have a copy of all your installed software whether you have a OEM System Restoral CD set or a set of individual CD’s with each program from the OEM. (OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer, I.E. Microsoft Office CD)
It is the Goal of PC Aid to save all your personal data (word documents, pictures, mp3, etc) to an external storage device before wiping the hard drive clean. We will also make every effort to save over your “favorite” web addresses for easy restoral.
We cannot stress enough how important it is to keep your investment, your PC or Laptop tuned up in order to provide maximum efficiency!!
At PC Aid we will do everything in our power to satisfy our customers. We offer 30 day warranty on all repairs. Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.